Getting stressed around examinations and deadlines is completely normal and sometimes a little stress can be good for productivity. However, there is a limit to how much your body can endure. Here are 5 tips to manage stress and anxiety during exam periods.
- Organise your days. Most exam periods you will not have lectures or lessons so keeping a structure is important to help you feel in control. And don’t forget to structure in downtime!
- Prioritise each deadline or exam effectively and personally to you. You may need more practise with one exam or one essay may take longer than the others so factor this time in and use it effectively.
- Make time for downtime. Listening to a meditation music for a few minutes when you become too stressed or overwhelmed can help you feel better and increase your productivity.
- Get enough sleep! I know it may sound cliché but sleep is when your brain processes the information you have learnt that day. If you don’t sleep enough, learning and recall will become harder.
- Don’t revise on the day of the exam. It may be useful to read over condensed notes you have made but you should allow yourself to relax just before you go into an exam. Keeping your head clear will allow you to recall information clearly and efficiently without the overlaying anxiety blurring your memory.