Original blog by: Amy
- Stay positive – Focus on the good things. Remember why you worked so hard to get into university and focus on where you want to be in life.
- Believe in yourself – You’ve got this! You’ve worked hard to get into university and you have proven to yourself that you can do it. Keep going!
- Talk to a friend – Speak to a fellow university friend or a friend from home. Having a support network will take a lot of the weight off your shoulders.
- Enjoy yourself – University isn’t all about exams, coursework and lectures. Grab a drink at your local pub, chill out with friends or join a sports team or society and meet new people.
- Remember, things will get better – Don’t worry! Be confident in yourself and take 5 minutes to think about how well you’re doing! Getting to university is an amazing achievement. Be proud of yourself!
- Take breaks – Studying isn’t about not stopping for months or years at a time. You need breaks and you deserve them! Have an evening off to put your feet up, watch Netflix and forget about everything else. Go on, you know you want to!
- Look after yourself – Make sure you get enough sleep, eat healthy and exercise. This isn’t always what you want to be doing but trust me, it helps more than you realise!If you are suffering, please do not hesitate to contact one of the services below:https://www.supportline.org.uk
or call the Samaritans on 0330 094 5717