“Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
- Start early: the first week at University defines the rest of the year
- First day: KEEP YOUR DOOR OPEN!! Therefore people can drop in and say hello anytime
- Don’t spend too long in your room, if you see a group of people chatting don’t be scared and get involved as your all in the same boat.
- Get involved on Campus!
- Join! Join! Join! Fresher’s is the perfect year to join an intramural team and get involved in social events is a great way to meet people.
- During fresher’s week hit every event you can!
- Lecture attendance key!!
- Introduce yourself to people around you during the first week of class just puts your face in their memory and offer help whenever you can.
- Bonus: helping others with assignments helps solidify your own knowledge and confidence in the course.
- Don’t be the odd one out
- From personal experience being the drunkest on the first night of fresher’s is never a smart idea. Go slow and make sure to focus on making friends before making cocktails as it never ends well.
- Earn extra cash with on-campus job
- If you feel there is time in your schedule for a part-time job then why not apply?
- Working a job related to your intended career can give you useful leads when you’ve graduated and need contacts.