My Digital Footprint

Show me your Digital Footprint and I will tell you who you are!

What is my online reputation?

Interestingly, in today’s Digital world, one’s privacy can easily become someone else’s business and it is a shame to admit the little attention given to the importance of one’s digital Footprint hence why WEAVER and GAHEGAN, 2019 state: “every shred of digital data” left behind as a person conducts their life online, by friends and family as well as the individual themselves.

WILL MY DIGITAL FOOTPRINT PLEASE STAND UP!

My online presence ranges predominantly from Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter to Totaljobs.

I manage a business account on Instagram, I take advantage of this platform to share pictures and workout videos, incentivizing my target audience on the importance of a healthy lifestyle and to raise the awareness of one’s Health is not an Expense but rather an investment. My account is fairly easy to find given that my user name is my full name, separated with an underscore

Initially, Facebook was “The” place to let loose to express myself as a teenager and with time I have become more and more detached from it. I hardly ever publish anything on Facebook, it comes in handy to stay in contact with family and friends.
Surprisingly there are a lot of Facebook users called Eric Martin, in fact, Eric Lee Martin, a famous American rock singer is the first person to appear when one looks up my profile.

My LinkedIn account is totally not up to date and honestly speaking I cannot remember the last time I logged into it and given its importance and utility, I am quite ashamed of that.

Once upon a time, I used to be quite active on Twitter, about 7 years an ago, however, I no longer remember my login details and I feel some worth defenseless as I may be self-inflicting some damages to my image to potential employers who may look up my account.

Totaljob is a Job-website I occasionally use to search for jobs, I have not dedicated a substantial amount of time to it even though I should.

WILL THE REAL DIGITAL ME PLEASE STAND UP!
I maintain a healthy Digital Footprint, as I have no embracing or disturbing images on any of my profiles nor have I ever made any punishable comment on a discussion site or as a review that could tarnish my image.

In order to build a professional Footprint as a professional marketer, I need to review existing contents connected to my profile as I have not implemented any privacy settings on any of these media platforms I utilize, delete an inappropriate contents that would reflect poorly on me, even though Pfeffer (Salganik, 2018), would argue against it. I will endeavor to join groups that foster my curricular or extracurricular interest I.e. follow Men’s Health on Instagram, to exploit the fitness sector and to share my workout videos on their page and by also contributing thoughtful response and questions.
I intend to build a brand for myself, most importantly on LinkedIn, by uploading essays and coursework I have performed well in and finally, implementing private settings on Facebook to avoid being tagged in content that would reflect poorly on my image. I envisage to attain this goals before the Easter break in order to apply for jobs.

Bibliography:
Salganik, M. (2018). Bit by bit. Princeton: Princeton University Press.
WEAVER, S. and GAHEGAN, M. (2019). CONSTRUCTING, VISUALIZING, AND ANALYZING A DIGITAL FOOTPRINT