I love Korean food and I spent two years living and travelling there trying foods from all the different provinces. This is a guide to one of my favorite countries and some of my favorite foods. We’ll start in Seoul and work our way down. (Disclaimer: though there are many amazing foods in Korea this is my top 5)
- Seoul: Street food, So this is cheating a bit as it’s a whole category but Seoul has the best street food in the world, in my humble opinion, and the best places to find it is in Myeongdong and Namdaemun Market
- Chuncheon: Dak galbi, this is actually my all time favorite Korean food. It’s a stir-fried marinated chicken but explaining it wont come close to doing it justice. Take a bus or train to this beautiful city in Gangwon-do and try it for yourself.
- Gongju: Flowers, no really flowers. There a lovely restaurant called Gomanaru in Gongju that serves its food with colorful edible flowers.
- Busan: Fish cake (Eomunk), fish cake is not something I thought I would love but I fell in love at first bite. Busan is my favorite big city in Korea so take some time to explore it and try more foods
- Jeonju: Bibimbap is one of the first Korean food I ever tried and I make it a point to have some anytime I’m in Jeonju
Let me know in the comments if you’ve tried any of these or which one you would like to try.