Waterfall PM for creative agencies

Have you ever been a casualty of underdeveloped software, my dear reader? It’s quite like the feeling that you get when, after waiting for your Filet Mignon au Fondant de Bleufor nearly hour and a half, the snooty waiter comes to you and asks – well, medium or raw?

If it sounds bizarre to you, my dear reader, then you must have been bringing your money to a company that recognizes a true value of PM. Or you have just never been to Le Départ Saint Michelin Paris.

Delivering a raw product to the market could not be as disastrous as Brexit, but as this video suggests, it usually comes with huge bills and negative PR. In my previous post, I have highlighted the necessity of PM for creative agencies. In this text, my dear reader, we are going to take a ride over the Waterfall.

Before you initiate your Waterfall project, you have to clearly define your communication plan; resource plan; financial plan; risk management plan; change management plan and additional plan. Also, my dear reader, don’t forget to forget about your holiday plans.

The Waterfall PM is best perceived graphically:

The Waterfall is divided into distinct stages and prior to moving to the next stage, the preceding stage has to be wrapped up. This creates a substantial pressure for the project initiators, since all the mistakes made in the top of the Waterfall will accompany you till its’ very bottom.

If you don’t want to carry the responsibility for all the mistakes done, my dear reader, the guys from adsubculture are more than ready to take it over from you.