Project Management for Creative Agencies

During your university studies, my dear reader, you must be experiencing some frustration related to all these naughty group assignments. Sometimes I would also prefer to work on my own, rather than being bothered with the distribution of all these tasks and responsibilities. Besides, the study output is way higher, when you hold control over each element of your “group project” in your almighty hands, right?

Mind the gap, my dear reader!

The rigid time-frames and horrendous competition of digital world will leave you far behind your rivals, should you choose to go solo. I feel so sorry for you, my dear reader, if you happened to be a bit of a misanthrope, like myself. But building up a team is inevitable! To make this inevitability less fatal, I would suggest you to adopt an appropriate PM skill-set asap.

The above pie-charts should give you an idea about the importance of organizational skills, as well as the reasons why some projects keep reappearing in their manager’s nightmares.

Although most of these methodologies have been practiced in the IT environment, and my dear reader could argue the relevance of these methodologies to Marketing in the comment section – I dare to reassure you in flexibility of these methods and their applicability for creative agencies.

In my next posts I will explore the trendiest PM methodologies. Although, should you crave for some extra bits of knowledge, my dear reader, you may go and find it here.