Are you Agile?

If you have taken a glance on my previous texts, my dear reader, then you should be aware of the Waterfall and PM as such. Now, I would like to tell about, what is widely known, in a narrow circle of people, as a reaction to the ineffectiveness of Waterfall.

You should remember the fiasco, that happened with Diablo: Immortal announcement on Blizzcon last year, my dear reader. The failure to understand it’s audience, lead Blizzard to a hellish backlash from the franchise fans, calling to cancel the project.

Something is rotten in the kingdom of Blizzard, and if you were its CEO, who would you fire first, my dear reader – Project Manager, Lead Developer, Product Owner or Marketing Manager? Or would you rather review your organization’s PM method? Consider the Agile. It is not just a methodology. Stellman and Greene came up with a good piece of writing, where they view Agile as a corporate philosophy, based on 4 values:

• Individuals and Interactions Over Processes and Tools;
  • Working Software Over Comprehensive Documentation;
  • Customer Collaboration Over Contract Negotiation;
  • Responding to Change Over Following a Plan.

Someone had to bring these values to Blizzard, before they have decided to bring Diablo to mobile. If you will be the one, my dear reader, don’t forget to take along the12 Agile principles, that make the whole thing work. They can be found encapsulated on the official Agile Manifesto website.

Have you ever been given a second chance to fix a massive screw up, my dear reader? If you have, then you would better not tell about it in the comment section.