Less Social Media, #MoreLife

The BBC published this article about The effect of social media on our ever day’s life and its scary.

http://bbc.in/2CASfsB

Stats

What triggered my thought about writing this blog is a commercial for Persil , discussing how the young coming generation doesn’t even go outside to play or to get dirty .  It made think about how i spent my childhood and how those real life experiences of tension , competition , emotions has shaped me the way i am today .

An average of 2 hrs at least is spent on social media by the population!, moreover a study found that a threefold of the sample is going through different depression symptoms mostly because the effect of the social media stereo type.

Take a Break

In the light of these stats i thought about a little project of not using Social Media for a week . Bring to mind that i can even recall the last time i had no social media platform to use.

Furthermore , i was amazed by amount of free time in my everyday life and how well i can actually benefit from it than just following other people in social media .

Of course i went back after that week but i promised myself to have one week off social media every month and thankfully I’ve been doing so for the last two years straight.

So if you’re new in Hull, take a break and roam the city , its the city of culture after all !.