Spain in One Day!

Between a hectic schedule, assignment due dates, and being on a students’ budget…traveling is nearly impossible. Luckily I have put my time studying in England to good use and have managed to visit many countries without breaking the bank. One of the most memorable places I have been to was Barcelona, Spain.

Cathedral of Barcelona

We woke up in the morning and walked out to this beautiful church. This is in the middle of the city across from the Gothic Quarter and markets filled with the Spanish culture surround the area of the church. Everything from this church was accessible via foot or metro. We had the perfect Airbnb location!

Sagrada Familia Basilica

One site that was considered a ‘must see’ was the Sagrada Familia. I have never been a fan of museums or tours, but prefer to see as many places as possible while experiencing the culture of the destination. However, this is a place I would love to go on a tour of in the near future. I couldn’t capture how large this church was in a photo, but simply seeing the size was breathtaking.

Santa Maria de Montserrat

Santa Maria de Montserrat was almost an entire day worth of beautiful views. A cable car was taken to the top of the mountain where a variety of hikes were taken, a informative museum was found, and several monuments were on display. The photo above was the main reason for visiting the Montserrat and upon arrival the monument had a 7 foot tall fence surrounding it with a police officer keeping watch. With a lot of dedication, a little creativity and a ton of speed the photo was able to happen behind the officers back. Below are a few pictures taken at the Montserrat as well.

Let me know your experiences and suggestions below!

One thought on “Spain in One Day!”

1. Wow!!! Again!! Lol. Can we trade lives for one day? 😂 The Cathedral of Barcelona- Such a cool building. I am amazed. The Santa Maria De Montserrat gave me a little anxiety just seeing you on that! Obviously you got up and down just fine, but the Mamma in was thinking it looked a little dangerous… and the Police?! Good thing y’all were speedy!